Sunday, July 3, 2011

Weekly spending report: June 26th – July 2nd

They are back! I recently explained why I’ve moved away from typing up weekly spending recaps as I didn’t like to create a laundry list of my Fun Money expenditures [read full post here: How I’m saving $6 a week], but I have been inspired by the weekly blog post from My Pretty Pennies. I’m going to try following her example of weekly money check-ups and see how it goes.

Happy Canada Day celebrations!

The most I’ve spent this last week was on my half of dinner out at Griffintown Café on Notre Dame. My Eye Candy and I treated our favourite friends as an overdue thank-you for watching Miss Fergie over Easter Weekend while we were in Kelowna. It was a win-win as she got their company for a weekend and we got their company to toast the beginning of this long weekend.


Today I am thankful for living in a city as vibrant and inexpensive as Montreal. In one weekend I climbed Mont Royal, dined in Griffintown, sipped beer on the terrace of a local brasseur, ran along the Lachine Rapids, watched fireworks in the Old Port, enjoyed incredible music at the Jazz Fest, and soaked up fantastic weather. 


Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was a picnic with my Eye Candy and Miss Fergie at Lac des Castors on the top of Mont Royal. We BBQ’d our lunch in advance and took it up the mountain with us. We had a delicious and healthy spread, and enjoyed a bottle of Les Jamelles. It was absolute bliss.  


I will consider this week a success if I mix up my work-out routine. I’ve hit a wall despite working out 4-5x a week. I’m running faster than I’ve ever done before, swimming more often and even biking again, but I’m not seeing any change to my muscle definition. I need to start my own rendition of booty camp even if it’s just in our backyard.


If Kate & William want to hang out with me today in Montreal we would hit up the Atwater Market. Who can resist the local farmer’s fruits, veggies, and meats? And let’s not forget that the cheeses are 3 for $14! After all, I’m sure there are only so many trees that they genuinely want to plant and I’d be curious to see what kind of hat is appropriate attire for a market.

No comments:

Post a Comment