Saturday, January 28, 2012

ESSIE’s new nailpolish collection is a small splurge worth investing in


When I started my quest to become financially fabulous almost 18-months ago, the first thing that I removed from my monthly expenditures was pedicures and manicures. Every three weeks I was paying $80 to refill my gels and every 8 weeks, I was paying another $65 to beautify my toes. No wonder my credit card was charged to the max! In the last year, I’ve only visited the nail salon once as I’ve perfected DIY’ing my nails at home.

Tomorrow I will be leaving for Cancun, Mexico for our National Sales Meeting (la chance!) and fortunately for me, ESSIE is launching a perfect spring-time nailpolish collection and I was given a sneak peak at the shade wardrobe. 

Her new collection, Naviagate Her, is financially savvy so it’s no wonder that I could not resist the pastels and pearl finishes. Essie Weingarten, brand founder of Essie, put together this collection for every woman on a mission and for all the ladies who in both fashion and finance, are willing to strike out and try something new. Who doesn’t love that attitude?

I chose two shades in fun pink hues that are a great way to represent my upcoming beach escape from the dreary Montreal winter. For my nails, I’m wearing a pretty peach A Crewed Interest and on my toes, Tour de Finance, a flirty fuschia.

The colour pay-out is exactly what I’ve come to expect from ESSIE – salon sophisticated and rich-looking. As an avid runner, I have embarrassing deep blue bruises on my toenails, but in one swipe, ESSIE covered those right up. Now my feet feel athletic and pampered! Experience has taught me that a top coat is the key to a successful at home DIY manicure or pedicure so I’m expecting my ESSIE indulged nails to last well beyond my upcoming 5-days of sand and sun.  

ESSIE’s Navigate Her collection is available right now at salons and professional beauty trade stores, but it will be hitting shelves of mass retailers like Shoppers Drug Mart and Wal-Mart at the end of March for about $9. If you’re looking for a hue to reflect the financially fabulously you and a small way to splurge on yourself, then I cannot recommend this collection enough. Shouldn’t your nailpolish colours always reflect your personal mantras?


*Rosie*


A collection made for fashionistas and personal finance bloggers. 
My beach ready choices: A Crewed Interest & Tour de Finance.


Upon posting this, my Eye Candy's reaction was, "Dear, you are definitely not a hand model." None the less, I am all peachy keen for this shade.




I have a theory that women wear the colour they want others to view them like on their fingernails. And on their toes, they reveal their inner divas. In which case, I am definitely a vibrant Tour de Finance!

6 comments:

  1. I have my eye on Ole Caliente, Orange or Tour de Finance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me? PERSONAL FINANCE NAILPOLISH????? want/need

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Essie! It's the best nail polish! Here in Norway they cost US$20, which actually rather on the cheap range!!
    And I think nail polish is frugal! :-) Cause it updates an outfit at a very low cost!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my GAWD oh my GAWD! PF Bloggers sound the alarms..this is awesome! Finally, my love for nail polish and personal finance can be validated beyond my mish-mash of a blog! LOVED this post, did you love reviewing for them or what??!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my financially fabulous ladies! Thank you for your comments.

    I'm trying to hold myself back from the whole collection, but it just speaks to me. And I'm pleased to report that I'm back from Mexico and my nails are still beautiful.

    Sand and sea cannot compete with Essie!

    *Rosie*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information?

    ReplyDelete