Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fabulous link love

Here is some fabulous link love for some easy, breezy reading this Sunday.

Stuck in a construction zone? You really should have taken advantage of the
promotional offer with the STM...but at least there is a new game to play -
count the cones and figure out how much money Montreal is wasting to rent them.
Photo source

Financial & Fabulous:

My Own Advisor shares his favourite ETFs. I haven’t made the plunge yet as I’m still building up My Girls Just Wanna Have Funds account, but I’m thinking ETF is the right route for me.

Société de transport de Montréal has a promotion on now to encourage residents of Montreal to use public transportation. If you sign up for a year-long OPUS card, the STM will give you one month free. It is even good for current subscribers so I’m pleased to report that I’ll be saving $73 in September 2012.

And in other news, The Gazette reported a surprising expense on Montreal's income statement. Who knew that we had 12,500 orange traffic cones in circulation and that the city rents these for a $1.25-$1.50 a day? It boggles my mind that the city wouldn’t just make the leap to purchase them.    

Stacking Pennies contemplates whether or not designer brands are worth it and what message your high-end purse is trying to send.  The comments are also worth reading so join her discussion!

Fit & Fabulous

I’m celebrating my one-year anniversary with Miss Fergie this weekend. As a birthday gift I purchased her a new leash and matching bandana in pink camouflage, and some all natural liver treats. If you’re thinking about bringing a puppy into your life too, Women's Health magazine reveals these benefits of exercising with a furry friend.

Miss Fergie preferred the liver treats for her birthday gift,
so her pink camouflage attire is clearly for my own amusement.

Happy reading!

*Rosie*

No comments:

Post a Comment