...But back to the original purpose of this entry. These are the goals that I plan to accomplish over the summer. This season will be more than just sipping daiquiris by the lake!
Financial & Fabulous
1. Save $2000 in my Girls Just Wanna Have Funds Investment account.
2. Save $1000 in my Vacation Fund.
3. Figure out exactly when I’ll max out my RRSP contributions for 2011 (soon, I think!) and make a plan for what to do next.
4. Get advice on how to/where to find a personal financial advisor and set-up a short-list of professionals to start meeting with.
5. Celebrate a year of successful budgeting! Create a summary for the year and evaluate the % of my spending per category versus my income.
6. Start calculating my net-worth.
7. Determine if setting up a THRIVE chequing account with ING in exchange for a $100 free is worth the hassle of changing my direct deposits and bidding sayonara to CIBC.
Fun & Fabulous
1. Cross off all 30 items from my Thirty Flirty List.
2. Enjoy at least 2 long weekends at my parent’s place which is affectionately known as Barbie & Ken’s Seaside Resort.
3. Pinpoint our next vacation spot with my Eye Candy and start planning + budgeting.
4. Roadtrip to Pembrooke to visit my favourite sister.
Professional & Fabulous
1. Update my resume (it’s been too long and I need to reflect on all that I’ve accomplished).
2. Create a Linked-In profile.
3. Attend at least 1 industry networking event. I hate forced socialization so this will be a major accomplishment for me.
4. Maintain a work life balance which means being focused, fun & productive when I’m at work, and leaving before 6 pm to enjoy the evenings.
Fit & Fabulous
1. Run 250 km in prep for the
2. Figure out what half-marathon is next on my list. Disney’s Tinkerbell Run seems tempting!
3. Start my certificate to become a spinning instructor.
4. Continue to bring my lunch to work everyday.
5. Eliminate Diet Coke from my diet once & for all. I’ve fallen off the bandwagon.
6. Upgrade to swimming the Olympic distance for my girls team with 3 Vitesses.
7. Overcome my fear of biking… well, it’s really my fear of falling.
Well there you have it! This is what I’ll be working towards while thoroughly enjoying the summer sunshine.